Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I open a wide ceiling light fixture to change the lightbulb?

The lamp I have is similar to this one: http://www.lampsplus.com/Products/Ceilin



The only difference is that mine is shaped kind of like an octagon instead of a circle, so when I tried to open it by twisting it, it would only move back and forth about half an inch but wouldn't twist open. I also tried pulling on it and twisting the piece of metal in the center, but nothing has worked. The lightbulb has been out for a few days, but I have no clue how to open this lamp so that I could put in a new lightbulb. Also, I'm scared to get electricuted....as long as the power is off it is safe to change the lightbulb, right? I'd really appreciate some advice.How do I open a wide ceiling light fixture to change the lightbulb?Turn the finial, thats the pointy thing at the bottom. That holds

everything together. The glass will drop and you are good to go. Be careful!How do I open a wide ceiling light fixture to change the lightbulb?1. You're not using enough force on the finial (the knob at the bottom).



2. As long as the switch is off you're OK.