Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the lightbulb on my flushmounted light fixture?

Help! My light fixtures look something like this: http://www.lampsplus.com/products/Orb-Collection-16-inch-Wide-Ceiling-Light-Fixture__77495.html



I cannot figure out how to change the bulb. The prongs on the sides don't pull out, push up or down, twist, etc. Whoever invented these things has a sick sense of humor!How do I change the lightbulb on my flushmounted light fixture?I had one similar. One of the metal holders is spring loaded and moves away.How do I change the lightbulb on my flushmounted light fixture?Could not open your picture, so I will have to guess. I have flush mounted fixtures that the whole lens pulls down. Grab the outside frame and pull down. There are springs inside that hold it to the ceiling. It may be hard. Once the frame and lens are down you will be able to access the bulb. After changing, just push back up.